Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can I scan with my HP deskjet F4280 all in one printer when there are no ink cartridges in it?

Both of my ink cartridges are empty so I have taken them out until I can get new ones. I am trying to scan something (which shouldn't use any ink) but when I hit the scan button nothing happens.Can I scan with my HP deskjet F4280 all in one printer when there are no ink cartridges in it?
That is how most AIO printers work. Even though no ink is required, it will not funnction without it. I am not saying this is good, it's just how it is.Can I scan with my HP deskjet F4280 all in one printer when there are no ink cartridges in it?
Not sure if this will help, but thought you might want to give it a shot.





1.HP all-in-one turned off. Unplug the USB cable from the computer, then unplug it from electricity. Wait one minute, then plug it back in.





2.Open the case. Where you opened it to remove those ink cartridges.


Now close the case, and be sure it's latched down all the way.





3.Plug the all-in-one back into electricity. Plug it into the computer.





4.Wait one minute. Turn the all-in-one on. Wait one minute. Try to scan.





5.If this doesn't work, go to Start%26gt;Hover your mouse cursor on All Programs, (Or if you have Vista, wherever your programs are listed),


go to the right, and find HP All-in-One. Go to the Scan feature.


Use this to start scanning.





6.If that doesn't work. Turn the all-in-one off, unplug it from the computer, then from electricity. Clean the ink cartridges off, if you still have them, (The brass strip side. You want to clean any dried ink off, so that it doesn't somehow clog the little holes, in the all-in-one itself. You can use a warm water, Damp, clean, lint-free cloth for this. You should also clean the all-in-one, so that it's holes won't be clogged when you install the new cartridges), and re-install them. (Make sure they're dry)





7.Plug into electricity. Plug the USB cable back into the computer. Turn the all-in-one back on. Try it.





Edit: Yeah, that's what I thought. Some Yank confirmed it. You need those ink cartridges to complete an electrical circuit. Some Yank's answer is better than mine. I would advise, cleaning the brass strip on the All-in-One, where the ink cartridges go. (ALL-IN-ONE UNPLUGGED from electricity!!) You don't want those microscopic sized holes, getting clogged with dry ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment