Saturday, December 26, 2009

Do you have an HP printer and have used refilled ink?

i refilled my black ink cartridge at Walgreens because my printer said it was low on ink. When I realized the great deal it had on ink refills I decided to get mine refilled. Then when I put the cartridge back in place in my HP printer it still says it's low of ink.





Have I been rip-off and my cartridge was not refilled?


Is my ink still low or was it really refilled? Was the ink status on my printer wrong?Do you have an HP printer and have used refilled ink?
Refilled or remanufactured cartridges are great - that's all I use with my HP Printer. I think the issue you are having is that your printer may not recognize the correct ink levels because it is holding the memory from the previously used cartridges. However, a printer reset should resolve the recognition problem. To reset your printer please follow these instructions: 鈥?Remove ALL cartridges 鈥?Turn off printer 鈥?Unplug the printer from the power source for a full 5 minutes 鈥?Reverse steps. Plug back in, turn on printer and install all cartridgesDo you have an HP printer and have used refilled ink?
With some HP ink jets the printer is looking for a different inkjet cartridge serial number before it will clear the ink low message. Some even keep track of the last five serial numbers so you can't reuse them.





This is a way on the part of HP to keep you from just refilling the same cartridge over and over and never buying anymore of their high priced cartridges.





Have you checked your manual or the HP website? I'm not sure about your HP printer, but I know that some Epson printers require you to hold or press buttons on the control panel in a particular order to tell it that you replaced the cartridge before the ink out message will reset.





If it just says ';ink low'; and not ';ink out'; and prints fine I would continue to use it until the cartridge runs out of ink.
I always buy / recommend HP printers so I have seen and used a lot of them. I always buy genuine HP ink - maily due to bad experiences with refills and clone cartridges.





I have found that it may save a few bucks - but you pay for it in hassle.
Dont use refills.Big mess and it sux.

No comments:

Post a Comment