Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Does HP offer a dye-based ink cartridge to use with my PSC 1610 printer?

HP tech support chat is a joke! My initial question will show in the chat window, but any other questions I have will not show so no one can give me a yes or no answer to my question. Calling HP is another joke. They say my printer is out of warranty and will charge me just to give a yes or no answer. Right now, I only see HP ink cartridges with ';Vivera'; ink. I need a dye-based ink cartridge. Does anybody know the answer?Does HP offer a dye-based ink cartridge to use with my PSC 1610 printer?
Dye-sublimation printers use different technologies than regular ink jet printers. (I assume the PSC 1610 is an ink jet.) You would have to upgrade, rather dramatically, to get the resolution and quality from that other technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment