Saturday, December 26, 2009

Any way to completely stop my HP printer from wanting to calibrate after a new ink cartridge is installed?

This is my pet peeve. When I install a new cartridge it prints out the calibration sheet no matter what I do -- even when I indicate I have one. It is offensive that the company that produces and sells the ink forces you to use it this way -- and in color, yet! Can I make this go away -- forever? Is this the same with other companies? Maybe I should stop buying HP printers.Any way to completely stop my HP printer from wanting to calibrate after a new ink cartridge is installed?
Every time you switch your ink cartidges, your heads become misalligned, so if it dosen't do a calibration sheet, your images come out with the colors off center (it looks a little like ghosting on a television), every printer will do something similar, even on professional box printers (like cereal boxes), they have to have a calibration test, those are what those odd multicolored blocks are when you open a box, to calibrate the printer, if you want a good print out, it is required





And it's only when you install new ink cartriges, one peice of paper an the little ink it uses is nothing, you probably put more abuse to the ink by printing out a web page, or printing out anything for that matter, you should be happy that it's even calibrating so you don't come out with a horrible looking print outAny way to completely stop my HP printer from wanting to calibrate after a new ink cartridge is installed?
No, it's supposed to, as new printheads are supposed to be calibrated. It uses so little ink any way... not worth the peeve time. :)
This annoys me to no end, too. Try shutting the printer off before or right when it asks you if you have the calibration sheet. I'm not sure if it works or not, but it can't hurt.
Sorry, by default it has to print the calibration sheet. Without it your pictures will not come out the best quality they can be.
  • myspace-quizzes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment