Monday, December 21, 2009

How do I make my HP C4180 use only one ink cartridge. My colour has run out and I only want to use the black.?

Also how do I allow my printer to use compatible ink as I get the message that my printer will be damaged by using non original ink. It won't allow me to proceed past this point when loading cartridgesHow do I make my HP C4180 use only one ink cartridge. My colour has run out and I only want to use the black.?
HP's getting annoying. my printer is the same. i cant even print anythink if one of the colour cartridges are empty!





but it dose allow me to use the unbranded cartridges, just press okay and it should work.





you can change the printing settings throught he setup thing. when you go to control panel (go to classic view) , then printers and faxes and right click on your printer, on the general tab select printing preferences, then color, and you should be able to select print in grey scale, or black cartridge only.





even though mine is selected like that i still cant print with a empty colour cartrage! or scan, or do anythink!!How do I make my HP C4180 use only one ink cartridge. My colour has run out and I only want to use the black.?
I don't know about HP specifically, but when you do the print setup, you can click the button to print in black and white only, but some printers will not operate if a cartridge is empty, even if it isn't needed.
I'm not sure about your exact printer, but I have an HP C4280, and I don't have a black cartridge in the printer, so it uses only the color cartridge. It does give me an annoying message when I start my computer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment