Monday, December 21, 2009

HP 6210 Printer problem! Ink cartridges, does it really need both the color and black cartridges in there?

This printer has two slots, one for the color cartridge and one for the black ink.


So I need to print something in BLACK INK only and apparently, the color ink cartridge ran out, so now it won't let me print out ANYTHING. Is there a solution to this so I can print out my stuff? Or do I really need to go buy a new color cartridge to make my printer work?HP 6210 Printer problem! Ink cartridges, does it really need both the color and black cartridges in there?
Yes you do!





The printer underlays colour to darken and sharpen the black (according to the manufacturer).





You do need to replace the colour to continue printing.. HP 6210 Printer problem! Ink cartridges, does it really need both the color and black cartridges in there?
When you print, don't choose the default printer option. When you print, the print screen pops up. Don't hit PRINT. Select PROPERTIES. Under PROPERTIES, there should be a choice for GRAYSCALE PRINTING. It works for my printer when I want to avoid the clr cartridge (especially if it is out). Since my printer is different from yours, the procedure maybe slightly different so you may have to play around until you find the GRAYSCALE PRINTING option. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment