Thursday, December 17, 2009

What is the difference between HP Photo ink (#99) and HP Color Ink (#95) Cartridges?

I have a Hewlett Packard PhotoSmart D5069 printer. I need to print my digital artwork out for use in my portfolio. Unfortunately I can't afford to have my work professionally printed and need to do it all on my home printer. So now I'm trying to figure out which color cartridge would give me the best results possible, the HP #95 color cartridge or the HP #99 Photo cartridge? I can only afford to buy one black cartridge and then either the photo (99) or the color(95.)





So does anyone personally have experience with both of these cartridges and which of the 2 produce the best image quality? If it helps I'm printing artwork that was made entirely in programs like Photoshop and Illustrator. A lot of the work contains a wide range of colors and subtle gradients. I'll also be using Glossy HP Advanced Photo Paper to print each one. Thanks in advance!What is the difference between HP Photo ink (#99) and HP Color Ink (#95) Cartridges?
the 95 and 99 go together. the 95 gives you your basic yellow, magenta, and cyan. the 99 contains a photo black, photo (light) magenta, and photo (light) cyan.





if you are buying a black, you MUST get the 95. the 99 REPLACES the black cartridge in the printer. the 99 will not fit into the colour slot.





if you need the photos to look more professional, buy the 95 and 99 but not the black. however, if you need to also do text, i would recomment the 95 and the black (94, 96, or 92).





i hope i didn't confuse you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment